My Family

My Family

Monday, August 27, 2012

Homework - to like or not to like

School and homework go together, right?  Well, the first week of school Brody had a huge sheet to fill out to tell all about him.  Thankfully in Kindergarten they have all week to turn it in.  

I really wasn't sure how he was going to feel about the whole homework thing.  He has loved school so far, so I was hoping homework wasn't going to discourage him.  He started out ok with it but I learned a lot about him.  Sometimes he doesn't take his time and his work shows this.  When I try to correct him about something - he gets quite frustrated.  Quite an eye opening experience because I too have those qualities and realize that I need to work on those things.  

It probably doesn't help that Trevor gets to just lay in the playroom and watch tv while Brody does homework.

After working on a couple of pieces each night for the week, we had a finished product.  We wanted to do our best since it would be hung in their classroom.  Now I'm not really sure why he used certain colors in places - like black around his name.  Oh well.






This is one of the reasons I am thankful to be able to stay at home with my boys because I wouldn't want someone else to help him with his homework - even though this probably won't be my favorite part of the day all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment