My Family

My Family

Monday, August 13, 2012

A busy week

When I arrived home from Africa, I hit the ground running Monday morning with a very busy week.  However, I struggled with a little jet lag for a few days.  It would be 8:00 and I was ready for bed.  I guess I'm getting older and it's starting to affect me.

We decided to take the boys Monday night to see the new Disney movie Brave.  I had heard from a few people that it might be a little scary in parts, but I was hoping since they were boys it wouldn't be a big deal.  I was correct, they enjoyed the movie.  However, there were a couple of parts where Trevor jumped.





My boys LOVE superheros, so when I saw how easy it was to make these superhero capes I was on board.

All it took was an old tshirt, felt, and puffy paint.  


The arm sleeves were used as the mask.  The boys (or Brody) came up with their names. He was so proud of their names.  They have worn these things all the time.  What a great toy for about $5-$6.

Trevor's birthday party was scheduled the following weekend and we were leaving in a few days to stay in St Augustine until the Friday before his party, so I only had a few days to finish getting everything ready for his party.  

Since I had so much time (haha), I thought I would take the boys to Summer Waves with Doug & Janan Hodges and Tucker & Tyler.  We met them up there because I knew I couldn't take both of the boys by myself to the water park.  The boys had a blast playing in the little kid area and Brody actually went down a couple of slides with Doug.  Thank goodness for Doug & Janan.  


What a busy week, so I was ready to leave on Saturday for a week of relaxation at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment