My Family

My Family

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Let there be light

Jason asked me what I wanted for my birthday and my request was for 2 lights to be added in our kitchen, let me repaint our kitchen and then add a backsplash.  Yeah, a strange birthday request but I'm really a practical girl.

We've been in our house for 10 1/2 years and the light in our kitchen just has never been bright enough, so my sweet husband figured out how to install 2 additional can lights.  He said it really wasn't that bad and now "Let there be light" in our kitchen.  It is so bright in there now and I love it.



The first of the 2 holes for the lights.


The next step was to repaint the kitchen.  I really thought I would try and paint it myself but of course my dad wasn't going to let that happen.  We really wanted a change in the kitchen and so after choosing yellow as the color of choice we definitely have a change.

Our clean slate ready for my dad to paint.

The fridge and oven out and ready to paint AND clean behind - whew what a mess behind there.

My wonderful dad starting to paint.

Our 2 helpers with a little bit of the yellow in the background.

It's a little brighter than I had originally thought but it's growing on me and really once we are all done with it there really won't be that much yellow showing so I'm good with the change.  We still have a backsplash to put up - once we (I) decide on the right one.

Final pictures will come later once we are all done.

1 comment:

  1. Can I rent your dad? Seriously, I could use some help with my projects too and Mr. Clyde is not game for it :)

    ReplyDelete