My Family

My Family

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Last Friday we celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday ALL day.  When I woke up that morning I searched for different things to do with the boys that day - and wow at all of the ideas.  I was pretty excited about it all - just hoping they would feel the same way.  I picked up Brody from school and I'm assuming from the hat he wore to the car that they celebrated his birthday too.



When we arrived home, we read The Cat in the Hat and then we were off to make edible "hats" and green eggs.  I didn't quite have everything I needed to make the hats exactly the way I wanted (no red chocolate) so I had to be flexibile.  I used red sprinkles instead so the hats didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted them to.  White chocolate covered oreos with marshmallows on top.  The green eggs were white chocolate with an M&M.


"When do I get to eat one of these?"


Then off to make Thing 1 and Thing 2.  Brody was pretty excited at first and then he saw that it required his hand to be painted and he wasn't liking it, which is why there are only pictures of Trevor because Trevor of course loved every bit of it.  He kept saying "it tickles".




Their finished product



Now it was lunchtime so while I was making green eggs (no ham in this house and definitely wasn't going to turn it green), I had the boys watch/listen to none other than Tim Tebow read Green Eggs and Ham via the internet.  We had already watched this once but this was perfect for them to watch again.


I had never made green eggs before so before I had even thought about it I put a drop of green food color in the eggs and then I realized that yellow and blue make green.  I was hoping that it would turn out ok and it did just that.  Brody actually devoured them but of course Trevor wanted nothing to do with them.


Later that night after dinner we read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish and then Brody and I (since Trevor ate NOTHING for dinner) had our Blue Jello with Fish inside.  Of course Brody loved it.


We had a great day celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday and I even got some great ideas for a few additional things.

No comments:

Post a Comment