My Family

My Family

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Awards Ceremony

To celebrate the end of our Upwards season, we had an Awards Ceremony for all of the kids last Sunday night.  All of the kids line up outside the sanctuary and come running in when their team name and individual name is called.  Trevor and I sat up on the side to be able to make quick exits if needed from him being too loud or needing a quick trip to the restroom.  I had a bag prepared with of course a few snacks, coloring book and of course my phone.

When the Incredibiles were announced, the team all came running in and of course my son is the one with his hands over his ears.  He must have some sensitive ears.  Poor Jason had to try and control five 5/6 year olds for this service.  For the most part they were pretty good.


This year's guest speaker was Jason Anthony who used to play football at the University of NC.  He is now a chalk artist.  He started with a black canvas that said BELIEVE


and after he told us how he became a Christian and turned his life around to start following Christ, the picture ended up like this.


He did a great job and the kids were pretty impressed.  The kids were then all called up to the stage to receive their award which was an Upwards backpack.




Afterwards, we gave Brody the choice of where to go eat and he chose Subway.  He loves this place and will usually eat a 6 inch by himself.  I think I have my grocery shopping cut out for me in the future.

So proud of my little basketball player.

No comments:

Post a Comment