My Family

My Family

Monday, March 12, 2012

A new venture for us

For the past several months, Jason and I have wanted to try and grow a small garden.  We thought it would be fun for the boys and we would also benefit with some vegetables - if all goes well.

Last Friday, I sweet talked my dad into tilling up the area we had marked off.  He kept telling me that the deer are just going to eat it, which is why I just wanted to go VERY simple and cheap so I don't get too upset when/if the deer eat our vegetables.



We will have about 7 rows hopefully filled with corn, cucumbers, squash, zucchini and roma beans.  Nothing too big - we won't be supplying the whole neighborhood with vegetables with the size of this garden, but it's a start.  Hopefully this will work - I heard today at Ace that the geese like to eat the vegetables too and look what we have hanging around in our pond.


No comments:

Post a Comment