My Family

My Family

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Crafty few days

I have been in a crafty mood lately so I have been able to get a few things marked off of my To Do List - oh yes, I am a major list maker.  My first creative piece was



Now, of course I don't really have a creative bone in my body so I get my inspiration from other people I read on their blogs.  Isn't that the best way?  Anyway as the boys get older the amount of artwork they bring home is building.  Of course I can't keep everything maybe just a few pieces.  However, I knew I needed to display their art somewhere - my fridge isn't quite big enough for that so I started searching where else but Pinterest.  I thought the yard stick idea was pretty cute and it was extremely easy.  Each boy has their own and are very excited to put their art up there.









I received a Cricut for Christmas and my first use of it was to put the word Masterpieces on the wall in vinyl.  Craft #1 a success so onto #2

Since my first door wreath for Valentine's Day, I'm kind of hooked so I found something I wanted on the door for Easter and you could buy it via Etsy.com, but I thought "I could make that" so off I went to where else than Hobby Lobby.  I saw some unfinished wood in an oval but of course I thought my dad probably had something he could cut for me - oh if you could see his garage there is so much stuff in there that there was bound to be something he could cut in an egg shape for me.  The only thing I had to buy were a few things of craft paint and the ribbon.  So $6 later I had my Easter wreath.



My new Springy rug

I spray painted the wood white and put my dots on and then I used black scrapbook paper and my Cricut to cut out the words and modge podged them onto the wood.  VERY easy - one of the easiest ones I've done.



Onto #3 craft for the week.  Our dining room table is finally complete and I've been looking for ways to decorate the dining room which is why I haven't posted final pictures - they are coming soon.  Anyway, I found a very cute Easter centerpiece for our table.

Jellybeans and lillies

After finishing up 3 crafts in a week, I wonder what else is on tap for my non creative bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment