My Family

My Family

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy St Patty's Day

We started our St Patrick's Day celebration with of course Lucky Charms.  Only the best, right.



Then it was off to start planting our garden.  Jason was unable to help us because he had prior commitments to help clean up the ballpark.  But our garden couldn't wait so off me and 2 little boys went to plant a garden - something I didn't have much knowledge of.



I really wanted the boys to be able to plant so they could enjoy seeing the fruits of their labor.  They seemed to have a good time.  Brody is really in to it and Trevor just really likes to walk through the dirt.  However, he did plant quite a bit because he liked to count out the seeds.





The vegetables we decided on are corn, beans, cucumbers, squash & zucchini.  My mom came over to assist.


They used to have a garden a long time ago so some of the gardening tips were coming back to her.  Thanks to Theresa at Ace, she also helped me quite a bit with spacing, depth & how many seeds in each hole.


Of course we had to water the garden and with boys what does that mean? - playing in the water of course.




Off they went to get their bathing suits on and they had so much fun running around the sprinklers.








After a nap we were off to Brody's good buddy Jude's bouncy house birthday party in Fernandina.  Let me just say that my boys are all about bouncy houses - they LOVE them.  Time we walked in they said hey to Jude and were off to bounce and slide even little man Trevor.  He definitely held his own, we didn't have to help him at all.

My little leprechauns.




3 buddies - Walker, Jude & Brody


Even the "big kids" get involved.  Aaron sacrificing by taking little Tate, Jude's brother, down the big slide.




 The birthday boy.



It was a monster truck birthday and the cupcakes were so cute all sitting on a big tire.



So after some pizza it was time to dig in to cupcakes - well for Trevor no pizza just cupcakes & ice cream.


It must have been something with the little ones because Audrey & Tucker both enjoyed some ice cream.


I think all of the kids had a great time at the birthday party and I know my boys did because they were asleep pretty quick that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment