My Family

My Family

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's spring - bring on the beach

After school last Tuesday, I had the car packed and ready for the beach.  As I picked up Brody from school, he hollered out the window to Ms. Cicero "I'm going to the beach".  To say he was excited was an understatement.  Once again I am loving my beach cart that my mother in law bought me last year because it carries everything I need and I don't have bags hanging all over me - much easier.

The weather was absolutely beautiful and the boys enjoyed being able to run around and play in the sand.  



Brody was so proud of his name he wrote in the sand.


I really didn't think they would touch the water because come on it's the middle of March and the water is FREEZING.  Well, I was wrong because off they went to the water after about an hour of playing in the sand.  Thank goodness it was low tide and the water was very calm.  Brody loved the water and you wouldn't have thought this was his first time back in the water after the winter because he was so ready to go out further but mama says stay at your ankle/calves.  Trevor was a little more timid at first but within 15 minutes he was ready to go out with Brody.  Brody is definitely ready for Jason to go to the beach with us so he can go further out in the water.



One of the drawbacks with the beach is of course all of the sand.  Well, Trevor LOVES the sand and there was a time in our day when I looked over to Trevor and he was pretending to blow out candles and he decided to put the sand in his mouth.  He spit it out but kept putting his mouth to the sand.  Yuck I know, but that's my sweet Trevor.





After a rinse of as much sand off as possible, no trip to the beach is complete without a trip to Dairy Queen - 2 blizzards and a chocolate milkshake.  I had one happy car on our ride home and it didn't take long for them to pass out and even slept for a couple of hours in their bed once we got home - yeah sand and all but it's all ok because the sheets can be washed and were!!


No comments:

Post a Comment