My Family

My Family

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

30 something

Two weeks ago this Thursday was my birthday and I turned 36 - yes please tell me "wow, I didn't realize you were that old".  Of course I don't feel anything over 30, maybe it's the kids that keep me running and active and feeling young.

The time around my birthday always seems to be so busy and so this year was no different.  Our church was a distribution point for the Second Harvest Food Distribution and I thought it would be a good thing for Brody and I to go up and see how we could help with the food distribution.  Second Harvest Food Bank is an organization that is given food from grocery stores and such to help out those are less fortunate.  I really want to help my boys understand that God wants us to help other people and I thought this would be a great way to do this.



It was pretty crazy when we arrived, but Brody and Trevor were both able to hand out plastic bags to people so they could gather food they needed.  They were also able to help Nini carry food to the tables.  It know they didn't do a lot but hopefully to them they are able to understand that they need to help out when there is a need.

When we got home Brody was pretty upset that he couldn't go with Nini.  I later found out that he was supposed to go to her house to make me a card for my birthday.  Well, I guess he found another way because when we arrived home he immediately found a pack of crayons and he and Trevor started making me cards for my birthday.  It was so sweet.

We then had tball practice that night, which I am team mom so of course I needed to be there.  More on tball in another post.  I usually like to go out on my birthday but this year was going to be crazy so my mom said she would cook and we could eat after practice.

A nice meal of ziti and a chocolate dessert makes a girl happy.


 OK, so my face looks pretty weird, but I was fake blowing for the picture because the candles wouldn't stay lit.


This was Trevor's favorite of course.

My mom and dad's present to me - a piece of the new camera I want.  She printed out a picture of it and cut it into 12 pieces - very cute.


What a great way to end my birthday - reading a bedtime story to 2 sweet boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment