My Family

My Family

Thursday, March 15, 2012

A quick project

I saw this of course on Pinterest and thought "hey, I could make that with the TONS of old tshirts we have laying around".  So, during an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse yesterday morning with Trevor (you really didn't think I was watching it by myself, did you?) I made my own.



It was really easy and I don't even sew.  I LOVE liquid stitch.  Here's the great tutorial I followed and seriously was super easy.  Mine isn't perfect of course, but I had to start somewhere, right?

Here is what I started with.  There was a little communication issue between Jason and I.   I thought this was in the stack of give/throw away shirts, but he says it was a think about pile.  Well, I guess I took that to be, I don't really need this because I already have a TON of tshirts that I couldn't possibly wear.  I have never in my life seen so many tshirts - one for playing in some team sport and then another for winning - 15 years worth.  Just a note that you may want to make sure the shirt isn't wanted before you go cutting it up.


Starting the braiding.


I am planning on making a few more in different colors.



No comments:

Post a Comment