My Family

My Family

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dinner out

Last Friday night, I had wanted to take the boys somewhere to get out of the house but couldn't figure out where.  I gave Brody the choice but he didn't help much.  I remembered that I had purchased a restaurant.com gift certificate for a Japanese steakhouse near the airport.  Brody said that would be fine - I was hoping he had forgotten that the last time he went to a Japanese steakhouse he DID NOT like it because of the fire.  We asked mom and dad to join us as well so off we went.

When we sat down at our grill, Brody quickly remembered that he DID NOT like these places and was ready to go and started crying and everything else.  Of course Jason and I can't understand why he goes to such extremes to show his emotions but thankfully after LOTS of coaxing we were able to calm him down.  His fear is the fire - he HATES it, so everytime a grill lit up he went a lot crazy!!  He didn't want to sit in his chair or anything.  When our cook came, he quickly realized that Brody wasn't a fan of the fire and he told him that he wouldn't produce a fire.   This calmed Brody down some but I think he was a little skeptical of the cook and kept thinking that a fire was going to ignite the grill.  After about the first 5-10 minutes of cooking, Brody was finally settled down and able to enjoy the show.




Trevor on the other hand handled all of it really well and seemed to enjoy it - but of course no eating.  He does like to copy his brother so he hid his face a little just because Brody was doing it.



The funny thing is as soon as we left the place, Brody was talking non stop about it and said the next time he goes he won't be scared - such a big talker.


All in all it was a nice evening although I'm not sure if mom and dad were glad they joined us.  I'm hoping a lot of Brody's issues were that he was tired because within 10 minutes of being in the car he was asleep and we were able to put him directly to bed when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment