My Family

My Family

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tree Hill field trip

Back on Wednesday, February 27, Brody's class had their field trip to Tree Hill Nature Center.  This was the first time any of us had ever been here and it was taking the place of the class going to the zoo. The kids were pretty excited but mostly because they were just going on a field trip.

There were about 4 classes on the trip and when we arrived, the kids all sat around while a lady came out and talked about the center as well as showed a few animals.  The kids were pretty excited to see the few animals.


First animal is an opossum.



2nd is a baby alligator

Now I am terrified of these big or little guys, so thanks to another parent for taking the pictures for me because I couldn't even look at the big thing.



So proud of my boy for touching all of the animals.  After about 45 minutes, the kids were released to go and explore the trails and the museum.  We only had about 20 minutes before we had to meet back for lunch.

First was the museum.  We walked around with Hunter and a couple of his other buddies - Lawton and Brent



Hunter and Jason with Brody


A stop to pet the goats

Then of course the boys couldn't wait to hit the trails.  I must have said "Don't run" about 100 times.  I guess boys will be boys.

Lunch time.  The weather was great that day - a little cool but no rain.  It had poured the couple of days before.

I took Brody with me afterwards to run a few errands and of course we stopped for some yummy ice cream for a special treat.

This is one of the reasons I love being a stay at home mom because I don't have to worry about not being able to take off work just to be able to go and spend the day with my boys on a field trip.  Love these days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment