My Family

My Family

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A new workout

About a month ago, Stephanie told me about a new workout she had started and that it only took less than 20 minutes and there is a new one every day.  She suggested I check it out.  We have been wanting to join a gym, but we knew we wouldn't go as much with our kids so she found something different.

It is CrossfitMamas.  The lady has a new workout every day and they all usually take less than 20 minutes to complete.  Here are some examples of the WOD "Workout Of the Day"

3 rounds for time of:
Run 200 meters
100 meter Walking lunge
50 Squats

3 rounds for time of:
30 Wall ball shots, 10 pound ball
30 Sumo deadlift high-pulls, 20 lbs
30 Box jump, 18" box
30 Push press, 20 lbs (total)
30 Jump rope
30 Push-ups
10 Front squat, 30-60 lbs (total)


Some of these workouts aren't too bad to complete but others - oh my am I sore the next day.  I really have enjoyed doing them and the boys have even gotten involved - by riding their bikes down the road while I run.  Trevor will count my reps while I am inside doing the WOD.  

You can see in the 2nd WOD above, it says Wall ball shots.  Well I really didn't want to go out and buy a 10 pound ball so Jason suggested I take one of his old basketballs and cut it open and pour sand inside to make it weigh 10 pounds - what a great idea.  Here's my creation.


These workouts are really great for those busy mom's who can't seem to get to the gym but still want to try and stay in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment