My Family

My Family

Monday, March 18, 2013

Orlando Shopping day trip

On Thursday, February 28, I dropped Brody off at school and Trevor and I headed to Orlando for a little shopping for the day.  Yes, it is about 2 1/2 hours away, but I didn't think it would be too bad so off we went.  Trevor is such a good rider and he was ready with a few movies.

Not something you see everyday - a huge cow going down I-4

Our first stop was the main purpose of our trip - IKEA, which is one of my favorite stores and I so wish we had one a little closer (my bank account doesn't wish for that).  I had a few things to return and of course a long list of new items to check out.

One of the great things about IKEA is the play area for the kids.  This is one store Trevor doesn't mind going to since he knows he gets to play while I shop.  He gets to play for 1 1/2 hours and I get a pager in case he needs me at any time.  He was so excited to get in there and I was pretty excited to roam the store all by myself.  Oh what trouble I could get into.

I made it through the showroom floor and found lots of great ideas

As I was about half way through the marketplace area and had about 15 more minutes until I had to pick up Trevor, my buzzer went off.  Now, my first thought was he had gotten bored and really wanted me - but that really doesn't sound like Trevor.  So,  I made my way as quick as possible to the Kid Area and was informed that Trevor had busted his chin.  Oh great.  He had cried but wasn't anymore - he's pretty tough if you haven't learned that so far.  He actually looked a little in shock when I got there.  They told me that he was playing in the ball pit and somehow got a little crazy (imagine that) and busted his chin on the side.  They called the paramedic for the store and bandaged him up.  She didn't think I needed to go and get stitches which is good since I was 2 1/2 hours away from home.  He had a nice quarter size area covered in blood, so I couldn't see exactly how bad the cut was but it had clotted so I figured it was ok.

He even passed up free ice cream from the lady - WHAT???  I think he just wanted me and whatever I had in my purse.

He was so good as we finished up the marketplace and then we went and grabbed some lunch upstairs - of course he didn't eat anything - maybe because he had bit his tongue when he hit the side.

He was still a trooper and we went to Millennia Mall to finish up the shopping day.

At this point he was singing "I've got the moves like Jaggar" - yeah someone has been playing Just Dance 4 a little much.

We pulled out around 3:30 and I couldn't have asked for a better little shopping buddy.  He was extra good which made the day perfect.  Of course he passed out for the ride home so I drove home in silence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment