My Family

My Family

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Zoo day

Last week I decided to take the boys to the zoo since the weather was so nice - I knew it was going to get really hot soon.  The boys were pretty excited to be able to go again.

Our normal picture for each trip we make.

Since we come to the zoo often with our annual passes, I give them the choice of what they want to see first and which direction they want to go.

There are about 4 items that you have to pay for at the zoo - train, snow cone, merry go round, butterfly exhibit and even a new Happy Feet ride.  I give them the choice to pick 2 each time we go because we can't just do everything.  It also gives them an opportunity to learn that money doesn't just grow on trees!!  This trip they picked feeding the giraffes and eating a snowcone.







So twice during our visit to the zoo, Trevor was called either sweetie or a "she".  I really can't believe people think Trevor is a girl - is it just because his hair is not cut really short?  Come on people, give me a break.

Since they (Brody) didn't pick the merry go round, they at least sat on the horse beside it for a picture

The zoo has a new Butterfly exhibit, so I thought I would buy us tickets to go into that especially since Trevor wasn't tall enough to ride the Happy Feet simulated ride.  Brody was pretty bummed that he couldn't ride it.  Maybe next time.

They didn't last long in the butterfly exhibit but at least we saw it and supported it.


The one thing they love to do is play in the Splash Park.  This picture looks like Brody isn't very happy but he kept yelling at the top of his lungs for Trevor to come and get sprayed by the water - but Trevor didn't want anything to do with that.

He would rather just do his own thing.


One last thing - check out the penguins (terrible picture with the bar in his face)


We had such a great day and they were both on their best behavior.  Days like this make me glad that I am a stay at home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment