My Family

My Family

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A view from the top

We had decided to head to Dollywood on Friday but were going to take advantage of their get in after 3pm and come play the next day - all for the price of a 1 day ticket.  We thought this would allow us to beat the heat because let me just say that these mountains were HOT!!  I would have thought it wouldn't be that bad, but if it's going to be hot I want to be at the beach.  Anyway so we had to find something to do until we headed to the park at 3.

Trevor slept until 10 - yes 10:00.  I couldn't believe it.  Our sleeping arrangements were that Trevor and I slept together and Jason and Brody together since we all know that our 2 boys aren't ready to sleep together.  Trying to make a decision on what to do when you have 5 different families is quite a challenge.  We (just our family and mom's brother's family) finally decided to drive to Gatlinburg and ride the chair lift to the top of the mountain to see the sights.

Isn't this the sweetest picture - our view from out balcony

On our way up we saw a black bear in the creek and on the way down there were people fishing in that same spot - I don't think they would be doing that if they knew what we just saw there.


On our way up



Our view from the top







After the nice ride we grabbed a bite to eat at Johnny Rockets before heading to Dollywood for the evening.

The new Smoky Mountain Ranger hat papa bought the boys.



Trevor has been making some interesting faces lately.  He tries to act mad, but all you have to say is "don't smile" and he can't stay mad.  Such a crazy kid.

Our ketchup art

 All of our crazy family.

So a funny story.  We are walking into Johnny Rockets and I hear this waitress tell another waitress that this lady (as she points to my mom) looks just like her 6th grade science teacher.  I look at the girl and ask "were you from Callahan?"  Sure enough this waitress in Gatlinburg, TN had my mom when she was in 6th grade.  We always tease mom that she knows some student everywhere she goes.


We packed up for the short 10 min drive back to Pigeon Forge to head to Dollywood.  Thankfully the boys slept those 10 - 15 minutes, which was the only nap for the day - but it's better than nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment