My Family

My Family

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Words can't explain

I've blogged about what we did on Mother's Day, now it's time to talk about my mom.  My mom and I are pretty close even though we really are quite different (I'm more like my dad).  My mom is CRAZY and everyone knows her and she "thinks" she knows everyone.  She really doesn't know a stranger, which she gets naturally from her mom.  Yes, at times this can drive me nuts, but it drove her nuts too with her mom.

Now that mom has retired we have been able to spend even more time together, which is something I will always cherish.  She is always willing to stop whatever she is doing to lend a helping hand or a listening ear.  She loves her grandchildren beyond anything you could imagine and is always willing to watch them.  She never complains if the boys are crazy when she keeps them, but continues to watch them and never wants me to get a baby sitter.  I am very appreciative and couldn't imagine not being next door to her.

More importantly she has always been a Godly example of a Godly wife and mother and someone I have looked up to.  She offers advice usually only when I ask for it and gives Godly counsel.  I am so very thankful to have a mom who loves God with her whole heart and wants to serve Him with everything she has.  Thank you mom for being who you are and for everything you do to help us out.


No comments:

Post a Comment