My Family

My Family

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer cupcakes

Everyday at Brody's school they would have a little snack.  One day Brody asked me to make some cupcakes to take to his class.  Well, I had seen these cute little things and I thought what a perfect time to make them with summer approaching and it was water day on Tuesday last week.  



Water day = no bathing suits but wear clothes you could get wet.  The school was having a walk a thon to raise money for covers for their playground equipment.  Brody was pretty excited about water day.  He said Mrs. Cicero put soap on them and they walked through a human car wash.  Brody thought it was great fun.


They were very easy to make and not too time consuming.  Supplies used:

White cake mix and add blue food coloring to look like water
White frosting - tint half blue
smashed graham crackers for the sand
gumballs
Sticks of gum
party umbrellas

I did learn a lesson though, don't put the cupcakes in the cupcake holder the night before or the gum chairs will all be flat from the humidity.  Even with the chairs not perfect, the cupcakes were a hit and only a couple people swallowed the gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment