My Family

My Family

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Mom's Day

Being a mom really is a true joy, yes sometimes I may not think those things but when my boys show so much excitement when giving me their lovely creations for Mother's Day, it really does bring me joy.  Of course Sunday mornings are always crazy for us and we are usually walking into our classroom about 5 or 10 min late.  However, this past Sunday we were actually able to get a picture BEFORE church which is unheard of, but we had an extra 5 minutes so I took advantage of it.

Me and my sweet boys.




Last year we decided to try and go out to eat after church and even though it was only Zaxby's it was the best thing ever.  Now Olive Garden or Red Lobster would have been better but the long wait along with 2 tired boys (what is it with Sunday's after church and them being so tired) would have ruined it for me.  So Zaxby's again this year was mine and my mom's choice.  A couple of years ago Jason and my dad tried to do the cooking, but I somehow still felt compelled to be in the kitchen to help or clean up so going out is so much better.

I had already planned it out that we would head to the beach that afternoon to just let the boys run around, well I guess Trevor had other plans because he slept for almost 4 HOURS - yes 4!!  I really wanted to wake him up, but I knew if I did then going to the beach could be torture so I just dealt with not going and said we would do it again another evening.

This year I wanted to do something different for mine and Jason's mom and photo coasters were just the thing.  I felt they turned out so well, that I've added it to my list to make some for our house.


I am a very practical girl when it comes to presents so one day I sent a text to Jason saying that Brody and Trevor could get me my carpets cleaned.  Jason replied "I think that's a great idea".  I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic, but I ran with it anyway.  So, my Mother's Day present came last Thursday and I was pretty excited.

Don't get me wrong, I still had all of the wonderful presents from my boys.



This was one that Brody brought home from school and it's one of my favorites.  My favorite place to shop is Winn Dixie (Jason is very proud), I look funny when I eat chicken wings, and my favorite food is fried chicken ( I don't even think he's ever seen me eat fried chicken)


No comments:

Post a Comment