My Family

My Family

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

To Kindergarten and beyond

Last Thursday was Brody's last day of Pre-K and his last day at Sonshine Christian Academy.  It was a bittersweet day.

First and last day of Pre-K

My goofy child with the latest funny face.


I dropped him off at school and headed to get the nuggets for his party.  When I came back for his party, the kids were so excited for their parents to be there.  You could feel summer in the air.  I really felt I was okay with the whole thing of graduating from Pre-K until Mrs. Cicero played a video of pictures from the past year.  As I listened to the song in the video, tears were streaming down my face.  It was such a sweet video and my little boy isn't so little anymore so I don't need to take the time we have together for granted.


Brody receiving his graduation certificate from Mrs. Cicero


Mrs. Cicero's aide, Mrs. Hodges



This was the cutest cake.  Of course the theme of the party was To K-5 and beyond - a Buzz Lightyear theme.  All of the kids' names were on the cake.

Brody and his good buddy Dominic.


This is one of the twins in Brody's class.  Brody was so cute wanting to get pictures with different people - for some reason especially the girls.  He really never wants to have his picture taken but is always eager at his school parties.

I love this picture.  This is a little girl who Jason and I went to school with her daddy.


He has had such a successful and fun year in Pre-K.  He has learned so much and I am so thankful for Mrs. Cicero and her love for the kids and her love for Jesus that she shows the kids each day.  This is definitely one thing I will miss next year as Brody goes to public school - Jesus being taught in the classroom.  I pray Jason and I will be able to continue being able to teach and show Jesus' love to our boys as they attend public schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment