My Family

My Family

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Rough couple of weeks

A couple of weeks ago, the NFL draft took place so of course we had a tball game that night, but that wasn't going to stop us from enjoying it.  After the game we headed over to Adam and Stephanie's house to enjoy watching the draft together.  We now have our Jaguar seats next to each other so I'm pretty excited about the upcoming season and we did get a really good 1st round pick.

During the game, Brody didn't seem himself, he was yawning and didn't act like he wanted to play.  He even had a 2 hour nap that afternoon, so I should have realized something was going on.  Sure enough about 30 minutes after getting to Adam & Stephanie's house, he came up to me and said he didn't feel good and of course he felt hot.  He stayed right near Jason or I the entire night and ended up passing out on their couch.  He kept a fever for the next 4 or 5 days.  Here's where he stayed most of those days.


He felt awful and so finally we went to the doctor on the following Monday.  That morning Trevor woke up with a fever - the beauty of having siblings.  At least we had the doctor's appt.  After checking Brody out they said they were pretty sure it was viral which means nothing you can do about it.  To make sure since Trevor had a fever as well, they wanted to prick Brody's finger to test the blood.  Oh my, are you kidding me this was going to be traumatic.   Our philosophy has always been to be upfront with Brody to let him know what was going to happen.  That might have been a mistake.  As soon as I told him he screamed.  I warned the nurse and it actually took both of us to hold him down but not after I thought me getting my finger pricked would help the situation.  That really didn't help, but I did feel like a super mom!!



You would have thought he had his finger cut off, but it was just a little prick.  Such drama!!


Well, thankfully Brody was getting a little better, but Trevor not so much.  His fever reached 104.5 at one point - talk about a little scary.  Trevor was so whiny, needy, and only wanting me which was difficult for me to deal with since it was one of my busiest weeks of the year - Senior Celebration for our seniors at our church - dinner and weekend at the beach (more on that in another post).

We finally went to the doctor for Trevor this past week - after 8 days with a fever.  Now, don't think I'm a terrible mom because it was viral with Brody so it would have been the same thing for Trevor - no meds to help.  Well, after my mom and dad watched the boys while we were out of town with our seniors - mom understood that Trevor was not the happy child that he usually is so I finally called the doctor and prayed they told me it was an ear infection.  I just wanted my happy child back.

Thankfully, Dr. Kim checked him out and sure enough he had an ear infection in both ears - I wanted to break out and sing the Hallelujah Chorus.  Yeah some antibiotics were coming our way.  Thank goodness he is getting better and my sweet child is slowly coming back because this is what happens when I have a screaming and whiny child - drive 30 minutes to the doctor with the phone on the back of my vehicle
I'm definitely not in my right mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment