My Family

My Family

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Christmas Morning

Jason and I weren't really sure how early the boys would be up this morning and as parents we really would love to have the first reaction when they see what all Santa left for them.  Thankfully the boys didn't wake up too early and I actually woke up before they did around 7:30 and was able to capture some of the reaction.  Trevor must have been pretty tired because it took him a little longer to wake up.

When I woke up I made monkey bread for breakfast and then it was down hill from there for me.  I was freezing and couldn't put enough clothes on and of course Jason said it wasn't cold in the house, which led to a 103.5 fever and a quick run to the bathroom.  I couldn't believe I was sick on Christmas.  


It took us about 3 hours to open our presents because all I could do was sit in the chair with a blanket on me.  The boys would bring me each of my presents to open and of course we take turns opening so we can all see what everyone received.

 So excited to see what Santa brought them.

A 3DS

Night vision goggles

A Big Wheel so he can ride like his brother.

 Stocking time - books, books and more books - this boy loves to read.

Every boy needs new big boys!!

One of the 3 things on his Santa list - Star War squinkies aka Star Wars pods.  Thanks to Stephanie for introducing him into these things.  I think after Christmas we have about 75 of these little guys.

He has been asking for a new chair because when he sat in his Everywhere chair you laid straight back - there was no support.  This is what happens when I tried to save money and bought the generic insert instead of the one from Pottery Barn.  I learned my lesson so he received the PotteryBarn insert for Christmas.



Jake and the Neverland Pirate ship that Brody and Daddy picked out for him, while shopping for me.

New slippers - Bobo Fet from Star Wars

Darth Vadar slippers.

New golf clubs which made Brody's day.


Looks like trouble - skates.


 This year Jason and I separately took the boys shopping for them to pick out a present for either me or Jason.  When I took the boys to Target to buy a present for Jason (whew what an experience, I learned a valuable lesson don't take both of them right after school), they had all sorts of ideas.  They ended up with some "underwear" aka Batman boxers, Spiderman PS3 game, and a small flashlight.

Jason took Brody shopping because Trevor didn't want to go (maybe it's because me and him go all the time) and they picked me out a new bathroom scale and a small dust buster vacuum cleaner - true love for mom!

Even Allye got a Christmas present that the boys picked out for her - she loved it.

It didn't take long for Brody to break out his new clubs.  Love how he enjoys hitting just like his daddy.


Besides the fact that I was sick all day (and it continued for a few more days) we had a great Christmas.  Thankfully we didn't have any plans to go anywhere that day because I felt awful.  We came up with something to eat for a late lunch and thankfully mom and dad were there to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment