My Family

My Family

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Christmas Lights - Trip #2

I guess we (me and Stephanie) thought driving an hour and a half west to see Christmas lights wasn't too bad so we thought we would drive an hour north to check out what the Okefenokee swamp in Waycross had to offer.  Yes, my husband thought we were crazy but went along with it anyway.  This time my parents joined us as well as Stephanie's mom.

First off I guess I wasn't quite prepared for the cold weather because I did not dress myself or the boys correctly.  We arrived and bought our train tickets.  While waiting on the train we walked around to see what all was around.

Look who we found:



I was pretty excited because I wasn't sure how in the world we were going to fit in a visit to see Santa, so this was perfect.  The boys did great and went right up to tell Santa their list.






They had a little train for the kiddos.


Here lies Oscar, a 19 foot alligator that lived over 100 years.  He was huge!! 

Pretty funny pics

Brody did a great face - he truly looks terrified.


Finally on to the train we drove an hour to ride.  The train took us about 20 minutes through the swamp while along the way enjoying beautiful Christmas lights.  




 The park did a great job with the lights and we all agreed it was better than the last light trip we made and it was worth the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment