My Family

My Family

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Storybook Character Parade and Party

On Halloween, Brody's school put on a Storybook Character parade.  He was so excited to be a part of this even though I'm not sure he knew exactly what was involved.  Brody jumped out of the bed so quick that morning and was so ready to put on his costume.





The kids were to bring a book that was about their character and then they walked around the whole school so everyone could see their costumes.  The kids were all dressed so cute.  




Brody's great teacher - Mrs. Proffit all dressed up.  I love that he has a teacher that gets into things like this.


Our parents decided to just stay at the classroom and watch the parade as it came back by.  


 Tyler as Peter Pan walking by.

Baylie as Cave Girl


 I had planned to be at the school most of the day because I was heading up the Halloween party later that morning, so thankfully mom was willing to keep Trevor for me that day.  I actually was able to help out with a few crafts in the classroom before I headed up to pick up the pizza.  It was a lot of fun and I am very thankful to have the opportunity to help out.  It's amazing how God works!!

For some reason, Brody didn't do so well with me leaving even though I was just going to get pizza and come right back.  He was so clingy, but don't worry we had a talk and hopefully it won't happen again or he knows I won't be back in the classroom.

We have some great parents and were so willing to help bring treats for the party.  We had some cute treats.

I attempted my first time at cake pops.  I thought it was a great time to make them - try them on some 5 and 6 year olds.

Oreo balls "Eye balls"


Some of Brody's buddies

Mrs. Proffit had bought little pumpkins for all of the kids.  The kids dug some of the stuff out and put potting soil inside.  We are hoping for some little pumpkins soon.

Then we had a huge pumpkin that we cut and Mrs. Proffit told a story about Halloween safety and how not to eat too much candy or what happened to Jack will happen to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment