My Family

My Family

Monday, November 5, 2012

Our final day of vacation

After 2 long days at parks we still had one more park to go to - Animal Kingdom.  Wednesday morning we packed up and checked out of the hotel and headed to Animals Kingdom.  The park seemed pretty crowded at first but the lines weren't that long.



We headed first to grab a fast pass for Expedition Everest.  Brody was so excited to ride this and he had been talking all big about it for awhile.

While we waited for our time to ride we watched the Nemo show.  The first time we saw this was back in 2009 and I don't remember it being this good - maybe I was too preoccupied with Trevor as a 3 month old.  Anyway, the show was great and both boys loved it.

We finally made it to DinoLand so off they went to ride the Dinosaur ride.

 It didn't take them too long to long to find the Dino play area where they stayed for about an hour.  Trevor was enjoying the dinosaur sounds.




Finally time to ride Expedition Everest.  Brody loved it and was ready to ride again when he got off, so it was then my turn.  It is a great ride and I think we have created a monster with Brody on rides.


One last thing on the way out - A Bug's Life.  We have never been in this little show, but I knew it was one of those 4D shows where water sprays, wind blows and in this one there are things that come up in the seats that make it feel like bugs are crawling.  I wasn't too crazy about seeing this but I oh well.  Brody was not a huge fan AT all and was very upset that we took him in there.  I guess we won't be seeing that again.

After a stop for lunch on the road, we were on our way home and look who was out pretty quickly.  Actually both boys fell asleep most of the drive home - they were some tired boys.

What a great family vacation.  We actually made it home around 5:00 so plenty of time to get ready for school the next day.

Whew, it was long and tiresome, but we did some fun things together and made lots of great memories.  I am so thankful to be able to take off on trips like this - one day the boys might not want to go to Disney so we try to take advantage of this time when we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment