My Family

My Family

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year

As the new year rolls around, I've been thinking of things I want to do differently this year - I guess it is a form of new years resolutions but not as formal.  Here are just a few:


  • Have a better quiet time/ devotion.  I can't seem to find the best time to do one.  I know morningtime is best, so I think I'm just going to have to make myself get up earlier even on my work days which means 5AM.
  • Be a better, more supportive, encouraging wife - our church just started a series on the home - The Marriage Puzzle and today was the first Sunday and it was wonderful.  I can't wait to see what else God has to teach me thru Bro. Lynn to help me be a better wife.
  • Find and take time to exercise - I really want to do this but of course daily requirements always seem to get in the way.  I am hoping I can make time for this.
  • Have a date night every other week - With how busy we are, it can become so easy to not take time for our relationship but it is needed.
  • Cook more which will take meal planning 
  • Spend even more time with my boys - they are growing up too fast and I don't want to look back and regret not spending enough time with them.

I'm sure there are more but I think this will do for now.  Let's just see how I will do on these - I think I have my work cut out for me, but it will definitely be worth it.  Here's off to a great year.


No comments:

Post a Comment