My Family

My Family

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Date Night - the first of many I hope

One of the "resolutions" I wanted to start this year was for Jason and I to have regular date nights.  My goal was to have them every other week.  Well, last Thursday was our first one.  My main plan was to just spend time together - not really caring what we did.  We had one of our great babysitters (our boys are blessed to have several) Taylor come over to keep the kids so we could enjoy a great night out.  The boys were pretty excited to have her keep them - that makes going out easier for us.

Anyway, on our way to the Town Center here was our view



We did some browsing at LifeWay to get Jason a new Bible (his has fallen apart "literally").  He got an Apologetics Student Bible - this will be great since we help out with our seniors at church.  We also each got a new audio devotion taken from the new movie Courageous.  Since I commute 35 min each way, this is a great time for me to listen to some encouraging stuff.

Our choice for dinner was Urban Flats.  I am all about trying new places and usually Jason is up for it too - as long as he isn't too uncomfortable.  This place was really good.  All different types of ways to eat your flat bread.  I chose Hawaiian chicken and Jason chose a white pizza version with Ahi Tuna.


They were both very yummy and we were quite full - but I still had room for their dessert fondue.  We kept saying - oh Brody would love this dessert.  Maybe one day I can take him there for a mommy/son date.

What a great night just to relax and enjoy being with each other - can't wait for the next one - which is Jason's turn to pick :)

No comments:

Post a Comment