My Family

My Family

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Morning 2011

Trevor was the first to awake on Christmas morning - around 6:45AM.  Thankfully he just crawled in our bed and laid there and watched tv.  Around 7:15 we figured it was time to get things moving and just about that time Brody bursts in our room and says Santa came so off we went to the tree.  They were both pretty excited of course.  I don't think Trevor quite understood everything going on.

There were a few things laid out from Santa and then onto the stocking.










We then showed them a scavenger hunt that Santa left for them.  Off we went to see where it led.



X marks the spot


I have to admit the reaction they had wasn't what I expected.  Brody saw it and was a little excited and was ready to walk out to the trampoline but the ground was wet so he backed up and he went back to a different toy he had received in his stocking and Trevor started playing Jason's phone.


Brody was pretty satisfied with just playing with the few things Santa left.  We told him that we could open the presents under the tree and he said "really, but there's no one else here?"  I guess he thought other people were supposed to be there so that just made his day and off we went.  A little bit of chaos but that's what so fun about it.

Another box full of costumes - this is his Darth Vadar one


Someone's pretty excited about this gift - a new to him phone with a Star Wars case.  It's not really the phone anymore - he can use it to play games.  He LOVES it.

A new Bible



Some new fake food

A couple weeks prior to Christmas, Brody got to go shopping at the Santa store at school.  When I saw this note from school, it brought back so many great memories of me doing the same thing.  We gave him some money and off he went to pick out some wonderful presents for us.   Brody did so good at not telling us what they were and was really excited to put them under the tree.  Trevor got a Jaguar soft football helmet that suctions to glass.

Daddy got a cool #1 Dad keychain


I got a nice #1 Mom necklace

Then it was time for Jason's present - an iPad.  He was pretty shocked.  He always makes comments that he doesn't have any computer time because I'm always on it - usually writing this blog, so I thought I would solve that and I'll get to use the iPad as well.

Jason got me a new lens for my camera - a fixed 50mm.  I was pretty excited and can't wait to use it.  I had also bought myself a Cricut the day after Thanksgiving and saved it to open on Christmas as one of my presents.

After all of the presents were opened, Brody wanted to go jump.  Thankfully we had a little bit of time before we had to get ready to go to church.


At church that morning, Brody went in with us and Bro. Lynn invited all of the kids to go down front and help him with the Christmas story.  He and Baylie headed down and listened - it was so sweet.

We were then back to the house to get ready for the family to come over.

No comments:

Post a Comment