My Family

My Family

Friday, October 4, 2013

10,000 Questions

In our Elementary schools the kids practice their math skills on the computer through a software called IXL.  They mostly practice at home.  Well, a couple of weeks ago, Mrs. Ray mentioned in her newsletter that the class had answered 10,000 IXL questions.  Now this might not seem like a big deal, it didn't for me either at first.  I started glancing at the other classrooms and their certificates outside their door - Congratulations your class has answered 2,000 or 1,000 IXL questions.  No where did I see a class who was even close to 10,000.  This caused for a celebration!!

Last Friday, September 27 we had a small party at lunch.  We had pizza, cookies, fruit and chips in the classroom for lunch.  The kids were so excited for the party and were so proud that they had done so well.

Mrs. Ray asked several parents to help out  - one of my contributions - fruit in the form of 10,000.  I was shocked that every bit of the fruit was gone!!

The principal even came by for a visit and to take a few pictures.  It definitely made them feel proud of their accomplishments.

Brody's table


Mrs. Ray's class - by the time we had the party a week after they reached 10,000, they had already answered another 2,500 questions.  This class is on a roll and loves math!!

No comments:

Post a Comment