My Family

My Family

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Final Inspection

Wednesday, August 28 we had our final inspection.  The week before, we had our "first" final inspection, but failed it on 2 things - need a handrail and an electrical issue (no big deal).  The handrail was because we because we weren't up on the code and our framer didn't let me know - even though it was probably a contractor's (me) responsibility.  We knew we needed the guardrail which we had but didn't know about the handrail.  Jason purchased the necessary supplies and after a coat or 2 of paint and a couple of painful hours with my dad trying to put it up - it was completed and installed.



Let me just say knowing the code stuff is crazy.  I had to make a call to the building department to get clarification on the required height and for a little while thought we may have to take it down to put it lower, but thankfully I remeasured and we felt we were okay.

Wednesday morning the inspector arrived and it was the quickest visit ever.  Not really sure why my stomach got all nervous, because it was for no reason.  We passed and we are ready to move our stuff in.  I am so excited to be able to use all of this room for storage.


I think I have my work cut out for me.  This is part of the stuff from our attic.

The view from the second floor to our backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment