My Family

My Family

Monday, September 16, 2013

A little randomness

A lot of people may think as a stay at home mom, what in the world am I going to do with all my time. Well, there may come a time that I get bored and don't have anything to do, but for now I am quite busy.  I guess that comes with just finishing up a construction project.  I am in the process of trying to get my house back in order - not sure that will ever happen, but I try.  The office that once looked like this



after a few days of cleaning, finally looks like this

We have a desk that you can see and Brody loves to do his homework at it.  



The other day Brody and Trevor both went in the office and started singing "Never Once".  They had guitars and music (not that they could read the notes).  I was able to video a little without them knowing.  I know Jason is happy to finally have the office/music room back up and running.



The closet is also finally cleaned out.  There are still some things that may be gotten rid of like the baskets, but I'm waiting to see what all I will need with Trevor's room.  Also, please excuse the drums and guitars - Trevor was using this as his music room.



Which brings me to my next project - Trevor's bedroom.  I have been telling Trevor for about 6 months that he was going to get a new room - I'm quite embarrassed to say it was that long.  Oh well, he didn't complain and I am finally getting ready to start the project.  Bye, bye to the little baby boy room - I will try to hold back the tears as I start this project.



We also are able to meet Stephanie and Ava for lunch every now and then since Trevor and Ava get out at 12:00 and Brody doesn't get out until 2:00.  It's definitely something Trevor looks forward to.




One of my favorite things about being a stay at home mom is the ability to pick them up from school everyday.  Look at this cute face and what I would miss out on if I worked.


I think back to when I worked and that I would miss out on so much because usually when you pick up kids from school they are the most talkative about their day.  It's amazing how the loss of my job is now seen as a blessing - crazy how God works.  He is always in control and I am reminded of that everyday that I get to spend with these two.  



I am able to help them with their (Brody's) homework and if I worked it would be someone else doing it or we would be doing it late at night.  This way their homework is all done by the time Jason gets home so it can just be family time.

I am very thankful for the opportunity to be a stay at home mom.  And as for right now I am staying pretty busy - no boredom around here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment