My Family

My Family

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Anniversary Weekend

Well, our anniversary is actually in March, but this past year our Anniversary fell on Easter Sunday which meant it was really hard to get away.  I was coordinating a wedding on the 16th at the Plantation on Amelia Island one weekend and Jason was supposed to have his 20th class reunion the next day on the island as well so I thought what a great time to spend a weekend away.

Chelsea and Marty - the happily married couple


I booked 2 nights at the Omni Plantation.  Several months ago we had gone to a Big Band Bash at the conference center at the Omni and we were very impressed.  Jason took off a few hours early on Friday so he could ride with me to the rehearsal (which was the same day as the wedding).  We checked into our room and were very impressed with everything.  The view was amazing - direct ocean front.


Our room was on the 7th floor in the building in the distance.

The view from our balcony




He drove me to the rehearsal and then came back later for the wedding.  He is such a great helper when I coordinate weddings.  He is my right hand guy!!  You never know what the tasks will be when I coordinate weddings (which I love to do) - drive to find cake plates, keep the bride dry from the downpour storm, direct food traffic, and anything else that may come up.  He also helps me stay on task and is just so willing to help with whatever I need him to do - Love him!!

Once the wedding was over, our anniversary weekend started!!

Once we woke up Saturday morning - oh it was so nice to be able to sleep however late we wanted to - we headed into Fernandina and ate lunch (yes it was that late) at Cafe Karibo.  We walked around Centre Street for awhile and then headed back to our room for a relaxing afternoon.




We decided to rent bikes and sightsee all over the plantation.



I decided when we win the lottery (that I don't even play) that one of these will be our next home.


This picture doesn't even come close to showing how big this house is.  The house was so big that I had to google the last name on the mailbox to find out more info.  Well, the main house was about 17K square feet and I guess they didn't think that was big enough because the construction you see below is for an additional 3,200 square feet.  Talk about a massive house - only about $9M directly on the ocean.

I am pretty sure Jason was sad he wasn't playing golf that weekend (even though he was spending it with me) especially when he saw how empty the course was.



We just wanted something small for dinner and didn't want to drive back in town.  We ended up at Falcon's Nest the on property sports bar.  Just so happened the Jaguars were playing so what a great way to end the night.

So if our view out the balcony wasn't enough then this was our view out the front door - overlooking the marsh.


It was such a relaxing weekend and a great time to just get away and spend quality time together.  Can't wait for the next one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment