My Family

My Family

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Our first crop

Our little garden is coming along and we have received our first crop – the biggest zucchini I have ever seen and a cucumber 

 

This is the first zucchini we have grown.  Last year I planted the squash and zucchini by each other and the squash overtook the zucchini, so this year I planted them on opposite sides of the garden.  Not sure how the rest of the garden will do because we have had some rain and our garden is in a little bit of a low spot and so the rain doesn’t drain off very well. 

I have decided that when this crop is over dirt will be coming in to build that area up.  Since the corn is in a different area where it is higher ground, it is doing great and we are definitely looking forward to a good crop. 

We received our first strawberries in as well and Trevor ate the first one.  It was really cool to have them right our back door.  Now we didn’t’ get too many but it was pretty fun to get the few that we did.




Can't wait to enjoy the rest of our crop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment