My Family

My Family

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Memorial Day Celebration #2

We woke up Monday morning with not much of an agenda for the day except that I wanted to do something with the boys and I did not want to do ANYTHING with the house.  I wanted to go ride bikes somewhere but not really sure where so we packed up and decided to just go and hang out at the beach instead.  The boys were pretty excited for Jason to be able to go with us.  

We knew it was going to be crowded since EVERYONE goes to the beach on Memorial Day.  However, I wasn’t prepared for it to be packed at 10:00 – tents were all set up for a good ways down the beach.  


The complaining came out from the boys about how far they were having to walk.  Thankfully we found a spot quickly and set up our stuff.  I know this was a sacrifice for Jason to go to the beach for the day – not really what he enjoys doing but he willingly agreed to go. 



It's a little hard to see, but this was Jason's airplane and the boys were so excited to have one of their own.

We stayed for about 3 hours and the weather was beautiful – one of those days where I could have stayed ALL day and then come home and been BURNT!!  Brody found lots of shells that he thought we had to bring home.  We talked him to only bringing home 2 with the promise that we would be back for him to find more.


He is so into finding all of these shells.  This was my view for the few hours we were at the beach.  The water was pretty rough that day so the boys didn't get too far out - thank goodness.




No trip to the beach is complete without a trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream.  It was a great way to end our Memorial Day celebration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment