My Family

My Family

Friday, May 3, 2013

We have groundbreak

5 months ago we started the process of preparing for our new garage project.  After financing took a couple of months, then finalizing the plans and miscellaneous other plan issues we finally broke ground on April 15.  I was so excited to see our concrete guy drive up and say he was preparing for our slab.  We decided to be our on contractor and hire our subs ourselves.  I did this 3 1/2 years ago with our playroom addition and really enjoyed it so I thought this would be a great way to save money again - I hope I don't regret the decision.



After several texts back and forth to Jason showing him the forms for the slab we realized they were in the wrong place.  I was quite nervous since this is one of the most important parts, but thankfully we caught the mistake in time and everything is good.


The plan for the garage is to house both mine and Jason's vehicle.  The old garage will be closed in and become a mud room/utility room/pool table.  The old utility room will become a pantry since our existing pantry is one of the smallest I have ever seen.  I am really excited to get moving on this project.


My little helper all ready to sit and watch the process with me.  He will be seeing a lot over the next couple of months.



Trevor was pretty excited to see all of this dirt brought in because it gave him some new dirt to play in.

Time for some concrete


Talk about a couple of excited boys with the new slab.  They loved the idea of being able to ride around on the new slab.

Even though we had our dirt formed up and ready to go, we have about 3 weeks to wait until the framing goes up since our framer is a little busy with another project.  I can't wait to get this going.

No comments:

Post a Comment