My Family

My Family

Monday, October 8, 2012

Welcome to Fall

I am pretty excited that fall is here, however, here in Florida it doesn't feel like it at all!!  Unless you think mid 80's is fall!!  Oh well, because we still try and celebrate it to help us feel better.  Brody was so excited and knew that it was fall - at least according to the calendar!!  We have decorated a little bit and made a few fallish (I guess that really isn't a word) snacks for Brody's class.  This is one thing that I am really enjoying about being a stay at home mom.

Fall leaf sugar cookies since the class studied leaves.



 Another thing that is great about being a stay at home mom is that I am able to volunteer in Brody's class.  I can't do it all the time because I still have Trevor at home, but I am able to bring things home and work on them for Mrs. Proffit.  However, last week I was able to go up and volunteer for a couple of hours to help out while the kids had an apple taste testing party.

Another mom and I cut up these apples and the kids had to test each of the 3 apples and decide which one they thought was sour or sweet, which one they like the best or least.  They also came up with other adjectives to describe the 3 apples.  It was a great activity for the kids and they loved it.

To go along with the apple theme, I found these rice krispie treat apples that I thought looked so cute.  Of course my little helper had to come in and see what all was going on, so why not get him to help.




They were really easy to make but were a little different than regular rice krispie treats.  You add a package of jello mix - red of course but it could be any color for whatever you are making.

 Add in the tootsie roll and then a little icing or gummy snack for the leaf and you have a little apple.  They were a little sweet for me, but this is coming from the girl who can eat an entire pan of regular rice krispie treats.  Most of the kids liked them, but the 3 adults enjoyed them.



I wasn't really sure how Brody would handle me being in the classroom - you know I didn't want him hanging all over me and stuff like that or of course acting up.  Thankfully he did really well.  He came up to me in the beginning and gave me a hug and said "this will be the only hug".  Being in the classroom allowed me to be even more thankful for Mrs. Proffit being Brody's teacher.  She is great and is so good with the kids.

I am looking forward to being able to volunteer a little more as the year goes on especially since Brody did so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment