My Family

My Family

Monday, October 8, 2012

Nothing is safe from spray paint

I'm sure if you have been reading my blog for long, you remember that I LOVE spray paint.  I recently starting using it last year when we redid our bedroom and everything turned from brown to either red, yellow or black.  I loved that I didn't spend much money to redecorate - I just repurposed the things I had by changing the color with some spray paint.  I LOVE it!!

Well, I have seen these apothecary jars everywhere on Pinterest and have been looking all over for everything I needed to make them.  I found most of it, but I was having problems finding the actual stands.  I didn't want to spend a lot so I even looked at thrift store because I was just going to spray paint them but no luck there either.  I was getting a little frustrated but an ah ha moment came one day.  I remembered something in our bathroom that I wasn't using anymore and I thought it would be perfect.

Here's what I started with



See the candle holder in the corner of the tub - yeah it found a new purpose.

Here's the finished product.  I'm quite pleased with how they turned out except now I have to keep Trevor and Brody out of the candy.  2 of the jars have candy and 1 has spray painted pinecones that Trevor and I found on a nature hike one day.   I may should have painted the letters in black instead of orange, but oh well.

I have the same look on this buffet table for years and I was really getting tired of it

So after some orange and chalkboard spray paint (of course) on an old frame my mom had


, here's the new look.  I really like it because I can change it out for different seasons.



The next project was the dining room table.  Back to my friend spray paint.



 Love the candy corn bottles!!



See, there really isn't anything really safe from spray paint in my house.  It just gives everything a great new refreshed look.  


No comments:

Post a Comment