My Family

My Family

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Break 2103 - Day 2

On day 2 of our Spring Break the boys stayed around the house most of the day.  Jason and I attended a funeral that morning of a very sweet lady "Memaw".  She is Stephanie's memaw and we have kind of taken to calling her that as well.  She was 98 years old and wow what a legacy she left behind.  She is one of the sweetest ladies.  Jason and I rented our first place from her, which are called the "Ace apartments".  These are just your basic apartments - nothing fancy but served a purpose as a great first place to start out.  Now this place had a HUGE bedroom and a living room about a third the size of the bedroom (very small).  The bathroom was small and actually leaned - our joke was that we were on ship.  I remember the day we were moving out and Ms. Brandies stopped us and said "I really should have gotten the bathroom fixed while you all were in there" - yeah that would have been nice :)  Oh well, we still enjoyed our stay and have lots of laughs with the place - you couldn't beat the rent at $250 a month.

That afternoon I thought I would take the boys to see a movie.  Jason had to work so mom joined us.  Brody wanted to see The Croods - it's amazing how well marketing works.  The "toy" in the McDonald's Happy Meal is from The Croods.



When we walked in Brody asked "How are we going to get popcorn since Daddy always gets it for us".  Well, honey I think I can handle getting us popcorn.   They were so good during the movie and it definitely kept their attention the entire time.  It was a great movie that even mom and I enjoyed.

Afterwards we celebrated another All E's report card with dinner at Brody's pick of Olive Garden.  Then off to see the start of Jason's basketball tournament.  Unfortunately his team lost, but it was a great game!!

Day 2 was a success and now off to pack for our 3 day getaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment