My Family

My Family

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hop, Hop It's Easter time!!

My boys love this time of year and to be honest I do to.  I love the time change and the spring in the air.      Here's a little surprise I did for Brody's lunch a couple of weeks ago.

He loved it.  Last year we did a lunch Easter egg hunt, but we couldn't fit it in this year so at least he got to eat a lunch from eggs.

For the past few years, we have been going over the Resurrection Eggs and the boys always look forward to opening each one and finding out what is in there.  I first took the eggs and went through the story of how our Savior came into the Jerusalem on a donkey but was later beaten and nailed to a cross all for us.  BUT 3 days later he AROSE and the tomb is empty.  As I opened each egg I gave the boys an opportunity to tell me what they thought the item meant.   Brody was usually pretty close to the correct meaning but Trevor had an interesting comment.

After we went through the 12 eggs, it was then time for them to go through the eggs by themself with Daddy.  This year since Brody can read very well he took the little book that comes with the eggs and was reading different parts of the book to help explain what the items meant.  It was one of the sweetest times to hear them telling the precious Easter story.




No comments:

Post a Comment