My Family

My Family

Monday, April 2, 2012

My new toy


For Christmas, Jason bought me a Cricut – I actually bought it for myself the day after Thanksgiving but I didn’t open it until Christmas so technically it was a Christmas gift.  Anyway, I had always wanted one but never wanted to pay the $300 price so I course I couldn’t pass up the good after Thanksgiving deal.  I did several things with it – like the vinyl lettering in the playroom.  However, I quickly realized that the cartridges were going to get expensive and I really just liked the font cartridges.

Before I bought the Cricut I had done a little research on the Silhouette, but for some reason I had forgotten about it.  The advantage of the Silhouette is that connects to your computer and you can use any font that is on your computer.  Plus you can purchase just a single clip art for like $1.  It seemed like a great idea.  Plus they just came out with the new Silhouette Cameo which of course was better and would print items up to 10’ long.

Well, I knew the only way I was going to be able to purchase one of these was to sell my Cricut.  Thank goodness for Craigslist and within a week it sold and I had ordered my Silhouette.  



I don’t know who was more excited that it had come in – me or Trevor.  Trevor was loving the BIG bubble wrap and he and Brody played with the stuff for a week.  Trevor would run back and forth over it and it always sounded like a gun was going off – quite loud.






I can’t wait to see what all I can make using this Silhouette.  Here's my first project.




I’ve already seen some Star Wars stuff that I’m sure my boys will love.

No comments:

Post a Comment