My Family

My Family

Monday, April 2, 2012

Here we go again


Well, TBall is back in full swing again this year.  Brody is pretty excited to be playing again.  His team is the Blue Claws and Jason is assistant coach and I am team mom.  There are 12 kids on the team and 7 of them their names start with Br – Brody, Brodie, Bradyn, Braydn, Brady, Bryce, Brock.  Yeah, I think I have my work cut out for me trying to keep all of them straight.  Thankfully I had a good teacher last year with Tiffany so I was able to learn a lot.

We’ve had several practices now, but being team mom I don’t get to take too many pictures.  I’ve been busy getting to know the other moms, taking up shirt order forms, and getting snack schedules under control. 

Last week they played a little scrimmage game against one of the other teams.  This is a really good way for the kids to get ready for the first game.  There are 4 kids that played last year and Brody is one of the tallest, which means he is a good candidate for first base.  Scary because I just remember from last year that he didn’t pay much attention and I all I need is for a ball to hit him and I know he will done!! 

Well, for the scrimmage game, I am happy to say that Brody did great at 1st base.  He stopped the ball everytime.  Jason and I were quite impressed.  There were times when he would just stare at the runner on 1st and not pay attention to the ball.  Work in progress!!  His first time at bat, he hit the ball to 1st base and got out.  We had forgotten to warn him that it’s ok if he gets out.  Well, when they sent him to the dugout, the big tears came.  Of course, “there’s no crying in baseball” quote came out.  I just couldn’t help it.


Opening day is in a couple of weeks so this should be an interesting season.  Go Blue Claws!!

No comments:

Post a Comment