My Family

My Family

Monday, April 2, 2012

Garage sale time

Last weekend, Stephanie and I had a garage sale at her memaw's house which is in a perfect location next to Ace Hardware in the middle of Callahan.  The plan was to have it on Friday and Saturday and my mom would watch the boys for me on Friday.  While we set up everything Thursday night, Brody, Trevor and Ava ran around the back side of Ace pretending it was a giant pirate ship.  They had so much fun - no shoes and dirty from head to toe.  I really wish I taken some pictures of them but we were so busy getting everything set up.

Well that night my dad was taken to the ER for what we later found out was kidney stones so there went my babysitter for Friday.  Trevor went with me  and was able to play with Ava.  Thankfully they stayed on the front porch while Stephanie and I stayed pretty busy with our garage sale.  It was the perfect day because our town's Railroad days was that same weekend which was set up right down the street.  Our town is centered around the railroad and so there were arts and crafts, bouncy houses, and music ready to go for the weekend.   We were pretty busy all day on Friday which I would call a very good day.  However, we still had quite a bit of stuff.



Here's Stephanie trying to get the tv shows to play on the computer for Trevor and Ava


Saturday morning we started setting up around 7:45 despite the weather reports of a raining day – we were determined to get rid of this stuff.  The good thing about having our garage sale next to Ace is that we put all of our stuff on pieces of plywood and then the forklift carries it out front for us.  Saves us a lot of time.

Unfortunately, Saturday wasn’t that great for us which I have decided that Friday is definitely the day for garage sales.  Jason came up with the boys around 10:30 so the boys and Ava could watch the parade.  Thankfully the rain held off for the parade and of course the kids loved it.  They were once again acting like pirates since the pirate ship from Fernandina was in the parade and gave out pirate hats and beads.


 Trevor thinking he is still 6 months old and he wanted to play in the exersaucer.





The rain started coming shortly after the parade so we packed everything up.  This is the worst part of a garage sale but I least came away with 2 empty bins and lots of stuff to donate and go to consignment.  We waited the rain out so we could at least visit the vendors who set up for the RR days – I really wanted some fresh strawberries.  Unfortunately they were all gone so we opted for a snowcone instead. 

Garage sales can be a lot of work, but at least Stephanie and I lots of fun and definitely a lot of laughs and we made some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment