My Family

My Family

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Busy and blessed Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday represents everything that we as Christians believe - as Brody and Trevor say "He's Alive"!!  I love this time of year and hearing Brody tell the story about Jesus going to the cross for our sins and on the 3rd day raising from the dead.  What is even sweeter is now he is telling Trevor the whole story - so sweet.

Sunday mornings around our house are always crazy so Easter Sunday morning is of course crazier since the Easter bunny visits our house.  They of course want to eat all the candy they can, but we tried to limit the candy at least in the morning.




My boy loves some pj's and Darth Vadar makes them even better.

MONEY!!!

Jason was involved in our church's Easter musical that morning which we had a packed house for - Praise the Lord!!  The choir did a great job portraying the Miracle of Easter.  Brody didn't have children's church so he sat with me in church and he did great.  He kept asking where was Jesus and then when he saw him he asked, "are they really going to kill him?"  Amazing what little kids think.

After church pictures since before church is too crazy.

My handsome boys


Papa and his boys

We had my parents and Jason's mom's side of the family over for lunch and egg hunt.  The best thing I do for Easter lunch is to purchase a Honey Baked Ham.  It makes my life so much easier.



The kids table



Opening their Easter buckets from Nana - a kite, water guns for the pool and books.



The kids were ready for the egg hunt so off we went to my parents yard since they have a lot of shade.  All lined up and ready - youngest to oldest.


On your mark, get set, GO!!!






They were each to find 16 eggs and when Brody found his he yelled out "I'm the champion"  He was then off to the blanket to check out his loot.


Trevor actually found about 20 or so - he lost count.


Once the hunt was over the kids were off to the tire swing.  My dad was the chosen one or he just wanted to swing them.  They had a blast.





Nana and the boys

Nini and the boys


This has got to be one of my favorite pictures ever.


Later that afternoon, Nini brought over the boys Easter presents - rain boots and some new clothes.  The rain boots were a hit is an understatement.



Brody in his new muscle shirt.

Wow, what an Easter we had -  Celebrating the Lord's day with family!!  Happy Easter!!

1 comment: