My Family

My Family

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Love

One of my favorite things to do is bake.  I love to try new recipes which is just another reason why I love Pinterest so much since it gives me a great place to look for new goodies to bake.

Last week, PoPo had to go in for some surgery so I thought I would try out a new recipe to take down to him before he went in.  I found these cute little mini apple pies.

Now, I have never made an apple pie before, but I LOVE apple pie.  These were SO easy and boy were they yummy.  I halved the recipe because I really only had enough apples for 12 and we were going out of town the next day.

Another great thing about these apple pies is that they used up my apples that were going to be going bad soon.  I don't like to throw fruit away so I try to find a recipe that can use it up if my kids aren't eating the fruit fast enough.

Sad to say I didn't get an after picture, maybe because I took 6 down to PoPo, I ate 3 (yes I confess I ate 3 of them), and the other 3 my parents ate.  I'm telling you these things were VERY good and I didn't even have vanilla ice cream to put on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment