My Family

My Family

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hop, Hop - It's bunny time


Yes, it’s that time of year and I really didn’t think I was going to be able to take the boys to see the Easter bunny this year, but I made a last minute decision to do it one day last week after I picked up Brody from school.  I couldn’t believe I was going to take both boys to the mall by myself but I had prepared myself (and warned the boys) as much as possible. 

I decided to go to the Avenues because with the prices of gas these days I figured I needed to find something for Brody for Easter so might as well take advantage of the trip.  Yeah, I might regret that decision later, but oh well I had to take the chance.

First on the list was the Easter bunny and there was no wait, which is always a plus!!.  Literally we were done with purchased pictures and suckers in hand within 5-10 minutes and very happy with the final picture.  They were both all smiles for the pictures.



They were both pretty happy so we were off to buy shorts for Brody and then to eat at where else than Chick Fil A. 

Since the boys were being so good, I decided I would let them get ice cream especially since I had a coupon at Maggie Moo’s – buy one get one free.  What a deal right?  Well, it would have helped if I had looked at the expiration date because once our ice cream was made the lady told me it had expired.  Well I wasn’t about to pay another $6 for an ice cream so I told the lady that I’m sorry I couldn’t pay for the other one and the 3 of us would share one.  She kindly said OK and THREW the other one away.  That just seemed like a shame, but oh well that’s what happens when you are trying to save money.

Brody picking out his flavor.


It was definitely some very good ice cream, which helped us get our energy up for all of the extra stops on the way home.  They were so good for all the extra shopping, so what a happy day!!

My boys love stickers and so they were pretty happy when one of our stops gave them some.  They were quickly put all over them.


1 comment:

  1. So fun! I am 100 percent ashamed to admit that it dawned on me Saturday night while baking a ham and coloring Easter eggs for Sunday that I totally forgot to take my kids to see the Easter bunny this year. Crap momma, I know!!!

    ReplyDelete