My Family

My Family

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Is it really that time?

Last Wednesday, my little boy was registered for Kindergarten.  Yes, you read that right Brody is going to kindergarten next year.  I really can't believe he is really old enough.  I picked him up from school and explained to him what we were going to do.  Since he doesn't like change much he was not too excited.

He will be a Little Warrior next year.


He is so my bashful child and doesn't know how to react when all of the attention is put on him.  So as I sat and filled out the 5 or 6 pages of paperwork, he sat behind me and kept asking "when can we go?"  I'm so thankful that I didn't have Trevor with me because I'm sure I would have just taken the papers home and filled them out.  Once we were all done, he was able to pick out a new book as well as he received new crayons and a pair of orange (his favorite color) scissors.


These items did make him quite happy because as soon as we got in the car he opened them both up and was ready to use them as soon as we got home.

I know he is prepared and ready for Kindergarten.  He has had a very strong PreK year and is learning a lot.  It will be quite a big change for him when he starts in the fall.  He is excited even though he may not have acted like it because every time we drive to church we pass the elementary school and he is ready to play on the playground.  He knows his buddies Baylie and Bradyn already go there so he is excited - it just may take some getting used to.

We went back up to the school on Friday afternoon for Kindergarten Adventures, which was a tour of the school and a time to meet some of the teachers.  Brody loved walking around to all of the classes.  In our group we actually had some of his friends - Grady and Liam so he had a blast.  When we reached Ms Brown's class he knew this was Baylie and Bradyn's class so he wanted to see where they sat and where there cubbies were.  When Ms. Brown found out who he was she said "I've heard a lot about you".  I wonder who has been talking :)

After the tour, he participated in craft time and he was all smiles.

He and Molly



Since we had the opportunity to meet most of the teachers and get some feedback from other people, I filled out the teacher request card and told Brody that it was now in Jesus' hands what teacher he got for next year.  Of course he wants Ms. Brown since that is who his buddies have.  We will just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment