My Family

My Family

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Players - 2010

Well, I think we have started an annual tradition and I actually love it. Since Jason is such an avid golfer it only stands to reason that at least one of our boys would love it as well so far this would be Brody. I hope both boys enjoy it because I actually enjoy watching it - I don't really play (don't count the golf class I took in college)- yes, I know it's probably weird for me to say that.

Before kids came along, Jason and I pretty much every year went to The Players tournament (aka TPC) either on Sat or Sun. I loved going and so now we take Brody on Wed which is a practice day and the players sign autographs and are willing to take pictures. Brody was a little young last year to understand what the signing was all about so I was hoping this year would be a little different. He definitely understands the game and thankfully on a practice round you don't have to be too quiet. He really just wants to get out there and play - he didn't understand why he couldn't take his clubs.
Enjoying the game!!

As long as there was food close by - we were great!!



The glasses had a rough day!


Remember I said he really wanted to play so he found a make shift club - a stick and he put a smaller stick in the ground as his tee and he would pretend to hit the ball. It entertained him for a good 15 minutes.

For a few years now we buy a flag and have the players sign it as we walk around. We try to get out there as early as possible most of the players are finished around 2:00 or so. One of the highlights this year was Sergio Garcia tossing one of his golf balls to Brody. As I was "chasing" Sergio down for his autograph, Jason was holding Brody in the background and Sergio looked back and asked his caddie for his ball and he tossed it back to Brody. I thought that was good enough - no need for an autograph since the golf ball has a monogramed S on it.


The final product for 2010.



I guess Brody thought he was one of the volunteers because he really wanted to sit in their chair. Thankfully they didn't mind. He even moved the chair into the shade - smart boy.

One hot and sweaty boy - taking a break to eat lunch.


Pretending to be asleep.

We were also able to get a couple of pictures.

Jason and Brody with Geoff Ogilvy

My favorite golfer (besides my wonderful husband) is Ian Poulter. I just really like the way he dresses - it is definitely out there and he's definitely European. I was determined to get his autograph this year because he is one of the few signatures that you can read. Along with LOTS of other people trying to get the famous signature, I kept up with the crowd as Ian walked between holes and Brody in the background stating VERY loudly for people to get out of his mama's way - precious!! Thankfully I was successful. Well, my sweet husband didn't think that was good enough for me and suggested we follow him to the next hole and see if we could get a picture with him. Of course I thought the suggestion was a great idea. We found the perfect spot and Brody and I stood and waited. Yes, I used my son to get a picture, but hey we were successful and I was very excited.



Even Mr. Turtle had to cross the fairway.

We had such a wonderful day and before we could even get out of the parking lot, Brody fell asleep so of course that means it was a fun filled day. Next year, should be quite interesting since we may have Trevor with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment