My Family

My Family

Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Wonderful Mother's Day

My Mother's Day started out actually on Saturday - we spent ALL day outside doing yard work. Now, that may not sound like much of a Mother's Day but I loved it. Seeing things accomplished in our yard makes me very happy. We - aka Jason and my dad - trimmed hedges while I assisted in picking up the debris while Brody ran around the yard hitting golf balls, playing in the sprinkler and riding his 4Wheeler. Trevor even enjoyed being outside a little - underneath the front door awning. I can't really let him just crawl around in the grass or he would be my little grass cutter - and I mean by eating it.


Sunday mornings around our house are usually pretty hectic and Satan always seems to show up - why is that?? Thankfully we got to Sunday School pretty much on time. We planned to cook lunch for my mom. Sometimes it seems we as moms get shafted on mother's day because we are trying to do things for our mother but at the same time we are a mother ourselves. I'm not sure the solution to this but Jason and my dad do a good job at trying to do a lot of the cleaning up and there have been a couple of years when Jason actually did most of the cooking - on the grill. It was wonderful!!! Sometimes I wish we would just go out to eat but on actual Mother's Day it can be CRAZY and then top that with taking 2 tired kids - not a good combination.
I did however try out my cake skills and make my mom a cake - Aloha Cake. It was quite yummy.


Since it is so crazy on Sunday mornings we usually have to wait until the afternoon to take pictures so Trevor is VERY tired so isn't his smily self.

Overall it was a great Mother's Day - Jason and the boys gave me a watch - much needed. Brody also made me a card that he couldn't keep a secret. It's so cute to see him trying to keep a secret - he's definitely not good at it. Jason warned him after making it not to tell me, but of course he came out of the office and the first thing he says is "I made you something but it's a secret" - so cute. Sorry no pictures of the card.

1 comment:

  1. What a great Mother's Day! I love your cake. I know what you mean about Satan stomping in on Sunday morning. We are usually on our way to church before it hits me that I am without my Bible or without lipstick. Good times, Good times!

    ReplyDelete