My Family

My Family

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Birthday Surprise

Jason's birthday was a couple of weeks ago and it was also the first day of swimming lessons. Bradyn, Baylie and Brody were starting swimming lessons over at mom's pool and Tracy's cousin was coming out to teach them. They were very excited and so were we parents - we didn't have to drive too far.

Well, since Jason's birthday was the same day, I thought I would have John and Keith over to mom's as well (the wives are already at mom's for the lessons) and we would have dinner and cake. I was trying to convince Jason to skip choir that night - that probably wasn't the most spiritual thing to do, but I thought the birthday thing was a great idea.

I actually baked the cake the night before and he saw it and of course asked what it was for. I said well, someone's birthday is tomorrow. He asked if I was going to decorate it, I tried to play it off and say No way, I didn't have time to do that. First thing Wednesday morning, I got up and got started decorating his cake. I picked up some balloons and had everything over at mom's that afternoon. Thankfully he decided to skip choir practice and when he made his way over to mom's for the lessons, I think he was pleasantly surprised with the cake.

Brody kept telling me that we needed a golfer on the cake - I wasn't quite ready to attempt to make a person.
I thought it was better to just get a 3 & 5 instead of 35 candles :)

After lessons, we all enjoyed dinner and cake and then more swimming for the kids to show off their new learned skills.

Brody finally got up enough nerve to jump in without anyone to catch him.

Later that night, Brody gave Jason his present - Brody was pretty excited with the card and gift. I knew I wanted to get Jason the Toy Story Wii game so when we went to the game store, I asked Brody what game should we get daddy. Brody's comment - "A Buzz Lightyear game" - Great idea :) The hard part was to get Brody to keep it a secret from Jason. I knew I wouldn't be able to wait until Father's Day to give him that game so it was for his birthday.

I thought everything turned out pretty good and I know it wasn't a big surprise but at least we didn't let his birthday go by and not even celebrate in some way. Happy Birthday to the best husband and father. We love you.

Brody was very proud of the card he made for daddy.

Brody jamming out to the music card we got for daddy. Brody actually picked it out. The song "That's the Way I like it"

Daddy & Son - poor Trevor always seems to miss out on the festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment